If reopening the mLog app does not help, or you encounter other errors, try the following actions.
- Confirm you are using the most current version of mLog. If you are not using the latest version, upgrade the app in the iOS app store.
- From the mLog home, or Trips, page, go to Menu > Auto Start On > System Preferences > Set Location to: Confirm that the Location is set to "Always."
- DO NOT force quit mLog. If rebooting your phone or device, you must reopen mLog to restart the automatic mileage capture process. mLog must remain in the background.
- Confirm your phone or device is not in "Do Not Disturb" mode. Drag your finger from the top right corner down and select the crescent moon icon to disable.
- Try rebooting your phone or mobile device and reopening mLog.
You can also try adding the mLog widget to iOS. Follow the steps here