mLog seamlessly integrates with the iBeacon™ to provide another Auto Start option. iBeacon™ is a USB device that communicates through Bluetooth to automatically detect and report a trip's starting point and ending point.
The advantages of mileage tracking with iBeacon™ with mLog:
- Mileage tracking is very reliable.
- iBeacon™ reduces your phone's battery usage.
- If mLog is forced to close or the phone reboots, the iBeacon™ will continue tracking mileage.
- If there are multiple phones or devices and only one Bluetooth in the vehicle, the iBeacon™ can be used for one mobile device, and the vehicle's Bluetooth for the other mobile device.
To pair iBeacon with mLog, you’ll need an iBeacon™. Plug the iBeacon™ into your vehicle's USB charger and establish a one-time sync.
Here is how to set up and use iBeacon™ with mLog:
- Open the mLog app from the home, or Trips page. Then go to Menu > Settings > Auto Start Option > iBeacon.
- Plug the iBeacon™ into the vehicle's USB port or cigarette lighter adapter and turn on the vehicle. mLog will locate the iBeacon™. Select the iBeacon™ in mLog.
- Next, select Link iBeacon to Vehicles and select the iBeacon™ and the vehicle you want it to sync with.
- Start the vehicle. An onscreen message will appear on your mobile device: "iBeacon connected. Wait for speed > 5 mph."
- Once you reach 5 mph (the default setting), an audible chime will sound and another onscreen message will appear: “Trip started. Park and disconnect to end it.” (You can increase or decrease the 5 mph setting at Menu > Auto Start On > Speed Threshold.)
- The trip will automatically end when you arrive at the destination and turn off the vehicle.
Need an iBeacon™? You can get one here: